Read Time:3 Minute, 22 Second
My T7 Fans, today i had the pleasure to ride the Tenere 700 World Raid on road for 40 min… i was riding on damaged and no regular surface roads .
Below a summary with some subjective feedbacks/thoughts and subjective feelings ..with also some questions to be verify in off road by Dante Corbani.
Before to start, i want to spent few word about Yamaha Team . You did a great job !!!… you developed and improve an already fantastic bike!! You are doing ” The History “… these models will make the history of the motorcycles market and i am sure that in 30 years from now they will became an iconic models!!
- I have a Tenere 700 ( 2021 ), i did in one year 11.000 Km ( i have my T7 in italy and i just ride twice/month once i back for week end ). I ride on road and i want from next september start off road school.
- If i should by a new Motorcycle i will choose again 100% a Tenere 700.
- The scope of this post is to indicate from my perspective whic kind of riders should choose one or the other
Comparison On Road ( Tenere 700 World Raid 2022 vs Tenere 700 Standard 2021 ) :
- Design : Personally i think that the Tenere 700 Standard is nicer,lighter and more attractive (more Dakar style)
- High : T7 WR Higher vs T7 Standard –> if you have issues with the high with T7 Standard, you have to think about
- Engine behavior : I love the T7 Standard behavior, but personally i think that T7 WR is smoother and easier to drive for not a pilot like me… i was in same street +20% faster just because i didn’t realize that i was accelerating (it was really smoother erogation and clutch feeling then the T7 Standard one)
- Gear behavior : i felt smoother and softer
- Weight : on road you don’t feel the higher weight and the agility of the bike is exactly the same
- Suspensions : i felt the upgrade of T7 WR vs Standard one ( higher specifications )
- Accessories : footpegs,dashboard and fuel tank cap are nicer , they are done with more expensive specifications
- Comfort : T7 WR seems have a better comfort seat
- Price (Italy ) : T7 WR 12.599€ vs T7 Standard 10.399€
- For sure some of previous comparison will disappear comparing Tenere 700 standard 2022 vs Tenere 700 World Raid 2022
So What to do? (on road driver) :
- if you use prevantely on road and not in trafic jam : i will suggest the T7 WR
- if you use on roads (few long travels ) and/or you are looking also to start to do some white roads (T7 standard)
- if you like to stress and reach limits on road/off roads (T7 WR)
- if you want to do long travels and/or use also in off road often and/or have better suspension feeling (T7 WR )
- if you are planning modification for exhaust/suspensions/design/graphics… T7 Standard is the right choose
What can be some ideas to develop for 2023 to give more choise to the customer and in same time continue to be more competitive ?:
- Why not to develop a model that it is completely the same in specifications like T7 WR but with few changes : Fuel Tank and Plastics from T7 standard –> this will allow to develop a model in the middle that it will satisfy a new category of T7 Riders in terms of performances and price
- I am a fan of the high exhaust , i would like that Yamaha will offer one optional on next generation, i was studing the frame situation and there is a bracket to fix the standard exaust that it is not possible to remove… i suggest to creat a nice and branded cover in order to keep the bracket that anyway will increase the protection in case of falling, but in same time it will be nicer in terms of design