Read Time:1 Minute, 32 Second
Link to the livestream in Italian : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRgZ9uf1pmA
We had a livestream with Giuseppe Pozzo & Giuseppe Faro few weeks ago . They are the Yamaha Official Mechanics for the Italian Motorally Championship. Like you know there are around 60 Tenere 700 partecipating on each event ( around 12 on Professional Category , around 15-20 on GPX category and other 30 -40 on Experience event).
During the livestream we had opportunity to raise different questions and one of the most quoted was how to prepare the Tenere 700 to the Motorally race.
Following the list of activities to keep in mind :
- Remove Guide Chain / rimuovere guida catena
- Bypass Stand’s Switch and clutch lever switch / By passare switch cavalletto e switch leva frizione
- Remove ABS’s fuse /Rimuovere fusibile abs
- With Mousse mandatory Rim of 2.5 and tirestop on the rear // Con mousse obbligatorio cerchio da 2.5 e fermacopertone al posteriore
- With Mousse not Mandatory tirestop on the front wheel // Con Mousse non necessario il fermacopertone all’anteriore
- Mount high exhaust // Montare scarico alto
- Steal cables to avoid bended foot levers ( Gear and rear brake lever)// Cavi di acciaio per fissare ed evitare che le leve pedali cambio e freno si pieghino in caso di caduta
- Mount off road handguards // Montare paramani off road
Bring in a pouch :
- Chain link (same like you are mounting) // Maglia catena uguale a quella che montate
- Handle clutch lever and brake stop // leva freno e frizione di scorta
- All accessories that you mounted on your bike , ensure that you are able to remove in less then 2 minutes and if you can avoid to mount for the race…it is better to dismount.
- Ensure that all accessories you mounted are needed , try to avoid not standard products